Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Christmas Present

I decided this year I'm going to give myself a video camera for Christmas. That way I can start video-blogging and making movies again. Phil and I have a couple scripts that need to be filmed, and I definitely have some more ideas for music videos to be put into the works. A new dawn is going to rise come the start of next year... watch out world!

On aside, I just got back from Eastern Oregon/home for Thanksgiving. While coming back I was listening to some old CDs I found when poking around the basement. I decided to pop a couple in my CD player for the drive back and rediscovered one of my favorite songs... 'Martyrs and Thieves,' by Jennifer Knapp. Her voice always gets me everytime.

Lyrics:
There's a place that I used to cling to... it presses harsh hope against time.
In the absense of martyrs there's a presence of thieves who only want to rob you blind.
They steal away, any sense of peace... I'm a king, I'm a king on my knees...
I know they are wrong when they say I am strong as the darkness covers me...

So turn on the light and reveal all the glory, I am not afraid...
To bare all my weakness knowing in meekness, I have a kingdom to gain.
Where there is peace and love in the light, in the light...
Oh I am not afraid... to let your light shine bright in my life, in my life...
Oh... I am... I...

There are ghosts from my past who've owned more of my soul...
Than I thought I had given away...
They linger in closets and under my bed, and in pictures less proudly displayed.
A great fool, in my life I have been, have squandered till pallid and thin...
Hung my head in shame and refused to take blame, for the darkness I know I've let win...

Well, I've never been much for the baring of soul, in the presence of any man.
I'd rather keep to myself all safe and secure, in the arms of a sinner I am.
Could it be, that my worth should depend by the crimson stained grace on a hand?
And like a lamp on a hill, Lord I pray in your will...

There is a place that I used to cling to... it presses harsh hope against time.
----------------------------

Peace everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment